Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Reflections...

I guess from all of the assignments give to us in class, my favorite one would have to be the Blog. I am used to communicating with friends and family through the Myspace page, this is just another way I can communicate & this time--with my classmates! I am sad to say that I am one of those people that did NOT raise their hand when Dr. Merrill asked if we know about Blogs. Really, I never heard of any of the technology that we use for this class! Sad to say--I know--but, I am learning! Of course, the hardest thing that makes it so hard--is the CSS style for our Web page. I was in a state of panic for so long--right now, I just have to go with it and try many different things before I actually get it! It is frustrating, but when it comes down to the wire--I end up saving the most difficult thing to achieve for last. Completing the lesson plan for me took forever! Sure, I write lesson plans on a weekly basis, but never so thorough before! It really makes me rethink how I do my lesson plans now. When I worked in Detroit, my lesson plans ALWAYS included the Objective, Lesson, Materials used, & Assessment every day--for each student. That is why when I wrote IEP's for my students--I usually wrote the same goals for all of them to make it a little bit easier for myself in the long run. I also like the idea of social bookmarking. I never knew that you are allowed to save all of your resources in one place--and it is actually your page. Better yet--the idea of accessing it from any computer is a wonderful idea! Replying to other teachers' posts was pretty interesting. It is nice to know that there are teachers from all over the U.S. who may be in the same state as me--and to ask others for advice--well, I certainly enjoyed giving my "two cents". Thanks to Fred for creating the Google group page for us! There were so many of us that were unable to find topics out there that were somewhat of interest or to even relate to what we are doing. The Wiki page--well, I have issues with that. To me--I feel I didn't contribute very well to that. Sure, I posted a couple of website resources that you could go to--but, haven't really had the chance to read some reliable resources to post on there. I actually found some today that I plan on reading tonight and post it onto our page. Sorry Fred for not having the best participation in that! As far as the other Wiki pages--GREAT JOB! You really read into some resources and had the ability to write them into your Wiki page. Keep up the good work and hope that you will see some information on mine very soon! I want to THANK everyone for all of your support and having the ability to answer my "Oh-so confusing" questions. I am still in a little bit of a panic mode--so, I better get to work on my web page and get that finished. Thanks again for all of your help! See you on Friday!

1 comment:

KB said...

Your're not alone. I had not heard of most of the technology we are currently using either. I've loved blogging. I think the concept of social bookmarking is cool, but I don't have too many favorite websites for professional purposes. Since I don't teach full time, I haven't had to gather a lot of material for lessons. The result is a very limited amount of professional websites. The webpage has been very difficult for me too. The lesson plan is really hard simply because I don't have the resources that a full time teacher would have. I had to borrow a textbook. I've created a lot of things from scratch. Having said all of this it's been a really great experience.